It’s my birthday soon but I’m not as pumped as a usually am. I’m the birthday week type, cake for breakfast milking it for all its worth. But this year nada. So to pep myself up some exciting nail polish was in order.
I used revlon perfect coral and maybeline metallic foil effect gold that was a birthday gift from the big USofA, so I don’t know of you can get it over here.
Simples simples manicure, I have no nails, no skills and no patience so this is idiot proof.
Start with the less opaque of your two polishes and paint each nail, I started with the gold. Wait for it to dry, try reading a book. Don’t do the washing up or pet animals. Only tools (raises hand) would do either of those things.
Stripe with the second colour, start in the centre and as carefully as possibly make one straight line then fill in behind it to create the stripe. No room for errors so be brave, it’s only nailpolish afterall.
Topcoat if your not dumb enough to leave it at home then thumbs up to a new polish, getting older and matching your nails and toes!
After my exciting foray across the pond bumping back to reality has been hard. The only way to get back into the groove, food.
Blackberry and apple crumble for instance.
Homegrown blackberries and apples! Oh I do declare!!!
4oz plain flour
2tbsp brown sugar
Tsp ground ground ginger
1) Rub dry ingredients until combined.
2) Add butter and rub to breadcrumb texture.
3) Set to one side and make the filling.
3 medium sized apples
1\2 colander (4/5 handfuls) blackberries
4) Peel and core the apples then dice them to chunks around the size of the blackberries.
5) Add the apple to a pan with a splash of water and a table spoon or two of sugar and pop on the lid and leave for 5mins to let the apple soften a little.
6) Turn off the heat and stir through the blackberries.
7) assemble the crumble, fruit then crumble topping and into the oven for 40-50mins at 165celcius until the top is golden and brown.
Yum yum yum. Just enough time to scarf some down before I nip off to France!
I’m back from the fastest 2 weeks in the history of the planet. I mean no jokes it was the most fun ever, we didn’t stop laughing or talking for the whole time.
Just a few picture highlights.
I’m already counting the days to Christmas when I can see my bestie again.