Baby it’s cold outside….
What is one to do? (Apart from vegging infront of the fire….) Biscuits?
Gingerbread biscuits feel seasonally appropriate for chasing weather, snuggling up with a hot coffee and a gingerbread biscuit. Mmmm.
I used a Mary Berry recipe but did some fudging replacing 1/2 the golden syrup with honey.
12oz plain flour (I used a mix of white and wholemeal)
Tsp bicarbonate of soda
6oz light muscovado sugar
4tbsp golden syrup (I used 2golden syrup and 2 honey)
1. Preheat oven to 170 fan.
2. Rub butter into flour ginger and bicarbonate of soda to form breadcrumbs. Stir in the sugar.
3. Add the egg and syrup and mix to form a firm dough.
4. Roll out to 1/4 inch thickness on a floured board and cut out shapes.
5. Bake on a lined baking sheet for 10-12 mins or until golden brown.
6. Allow to cool slightly before lifting onto cooling racks.
The whole house smelled of autumn so the little bit of effort was totally worth it!